Sunday, February 2, 2020

Marie Speziale leading the way

For my first blog I want to start off with talking about a woman who is very inspirational to me, Marie Speziale.


Marie Speziale is one of the first woman trumpeters to be in a major symphony orchestra. Her bio includes everything I want to be when I grow up. She has played professionally in multiple orchestras, including thirty two years in the Cinciannati Symphony Orchestra. Ms. Speziale has also spent time as a college professor over the years at multiple universities. She taught at my alma mater, Indiana University, but also spent a good amount of her career at Rice. Now that she is retired she still teaches in the Cincinnati area, but come winter time she travels to Flordia becuase she is not a fan of the cold...

You're probably wondering how I know this, well I was given the the oppurtunity to have a couple lessons with her when I was still living in the area and winter came early that year, so she informed me that she was leaving for Florida and would not be back till it was warm... I was quite bummed because the lessons never ended up happening.

Anyways she is a phenomal woman and musician. I could not think of anyone better to start off my blogging career.

No comments:

Post a Comment